Monday 21 February 2011

In Praise of the Collage.

I found I became really interested in ' collage illustration ' during my first year at the North East Wales School of Art and Design and submitted two pieces of collage work for the end of first year assessments and this is a media that I hope to work with again.

I came across the work of Michelle Thompson recently - who is a British Illustrator who has worked in publishing, editorial and design since graduating from the Royal College of Art in 1996. As well as her collage work, she also works with mark making and photography, combined with digital processes.

Michelle normally works with found and created elements, using figurative, abstract and typographic and this is illustrated in the examples shown below :



 

No comments:

Post a Comment